Bob Woodward Biography
Robert Upshur Woodward is the full name of Bob Woodward an American investigative journalist. Initially as a reporter at The Washington Post in 1971 his first job. He has written 21 books on American politics and current affairs, 13 of which have topped best-seller lists.
Bob Woodward Age
Geneva, Illinois in the States is his birth home. Born on March 26, 1943, so right now 79 years old.
Bob Woodward Height and Weight
Bob is a man of average stature, therefore, stands at a height of 5 ft 9 in(Approx. 1.75m). Talking about his body weight he weighs around 79 kilos.
Bob Woodward Education
He was raised in nearby Wheaton, Illinois, and educated at Wheaton Community High School (WCHS), a public high school in the same town. Afterward graduating from WCHS in 1961, Woodward enrolled in Yale College with a Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) scholarship and studied history and English literature.
While at Yale, Woodward joined the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity and was a member of the secret society Book and Snake. Eventually, received his B.A. degree in 1965. After Yale, Woodward began a five-year tour of duty in the United States Navy.
Bob Woodward Career
After being discharged as a lieutenant in August 1970, Woodward was admitted to Harvard Law School but elected to not attend. Instead, he applied for a job as a reporter for The Washington Post while taking graduate courses in Shakespeare and international relations at George Washington University. Harry M. Rosenfeld, the Post’s metropolitan editor, gave him a two-week trial but did not hire him because of his lack of journalistic experience.
He started working for The Washington Post as a reporter in 1971 and currently holds the title of associate editor. While a young reporter for The Washington Post in 1972, Woodward teamed up with Carl Bernstein; the two did much of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal. Basically, that is how his career began
Bob Woodward’s Net worth
Woodward is an American investigative journalist and author who has a net worth of $ 30 million.
Bob Woodward Salary
So currently there is no information leading to his salary. But we will update it as soon as possible.
Alfred E. Woodward, a lawyer is a biological father to Bob and his mother is Jane much is not said about her. The father is a lawyer though later on became chief judge of the 18th Judicial Circuit Court. Later his parents divorced when he was twelve and raised by his father after he remarried.
Bob Woodward’s Wife/Spouse
Bob has been married three times. His first marriage (1966–1969) was to his high school sweetheart Kathleen Middlekauff, now an English professor. Secondly, his marriage from 1974 to 1979 was to Frances Kuper. In 1989, he married for a third time to Elsa Walsh on August 25, 1957, a writer for The New Yorker and the author of Divided Lives: The Public and Private Struggles of Three American Women.
The couple has kids though Bob’s kids are from different marriages. The first is Taliesin Woodward who is a reporter, editor, and adjunct professor of journalism at Columbia University. Secondly, there is Diana Woodward an American celebrity.
So the following are some books that he has written;
- Peril (book)
- All the President’s Men Bob Woodward
- Rage (Woodward book)
- Fear: Trump in the White House
- The Final Days
- The Woodward Trilogy: Fear, Rage, and Peril Bob Woodward
- Plan of Attack
- Wired (book)
- The Brethren: Inside the Supreme Court
- The Man Who Would Be President: Dan Quayle
- Obama’s Wars
- The Secret Man: The Story of Watergate’s Deep Throat
- Bush at war
- State of Denial
- The Commanders
- VeilShadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate
- The Secret Wars of the CIA
- The Last of the President’s Men
- The Price of Politics
- The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White House
- Maestro: Greenspan’s Fed and the American Boom
- The War Within: A Secret White House History 2006-2008
- Maestro Bob Woodward
- Cats Address Bob Woodward
- The Choice: How Bill Clinton Won
- Aligned Yellow Bricks: The Road Back to Kansas Bob Woodward
- Spiritual Healing With Children With Special Needs Bob Woodward
- Sports illustrated mountain biking Bob Woodward
In his years of work he has been a recipient of nearly every major American journalism award including;
- Heywood Broun award (1972)
- Worth Bingham Prize for Investigative Reporting (1972 and 1986)
- Sigma Delta Chi Award (1973)
- George Polk Award (1972)
- William Allen White Medal (2000)
- The Gerald R